Sunday 28 September 2014

Lipstick marks on your coffee cup...

Monday morning is fast approaching...and so is the first morning coffee to kick start your week...


Now again I'm slow to the party and have just discovered lipstick...I know, I know its been around since our mother's time, and our mother's mother's time, and so on and so forth...but I always had a fear of it...
Lipstick on the teeth, it wearing off and looking like I just had a massive night and am going home in a saturday night walk of shame, I always felt awkward re applying lipstick! However everyone else is doing it. It looks hot on all/most girls (as long as the colour is appropriate with the outfit! I must admit I have seen ladies make that mistake a time or two!)




However my biggest thing on a weekday morning is applying my pink lipstick (1 of the 12 shades of pink I have) and feeling like my lips have life...I go to work have my breakfast, check my emails and by 8:30am I have my coffee in hand..and after that first sip my lipstick is gone and the cup now has a sheer pink gloss surrounding it...there goes my lipstick. And I don't care what L'oreal, Revlon or Maybelline's marketing manager says...they aren't longer wearing when you have a cup of coffee...or more importantly that first champagne at a party...





Until now...I was looking amongst a few blogs I follow through numerous social media sites and came across the trick to not having your lipstick rub off on your coffee cup, or champagne glass if so the case. So here it is...




When you first go to take a sip...ever so slightly (and VERY discretely apply a bit of salvia along the edge you are going to sip...now I am not saying give the coffee cup a great big pash...I mean a slight, lady like quick touch of the tongue before putting your mouth on the cup to sip your morning coffee...this seriously works. It's completely up to you... but having my lipstick last longer and not having to reapply straight away has made my day!



I wanted to share this little beauty secret to you all as I have found it invaluable. You can choose to have pretty lips beyond you Monday morning coffee or scoff at me and say "how disgusting"...I will leave it up to you...but give it one try....just one...live a little...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment