Thursday 9 October 2014

Enjoying a good TV series...not as easy as it use to be...

So its no secret I love my TV, and get stuck into numerous TV shows...at the moment its Downton Abbey, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Reign, The Vampire Diaries, The Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Melbourne, OC etc and the list goes on...



Pre baby I had all the time in the world to be up to to date with all these shows. I could be involved in talk with friends about when Emily would finally seek revenge on the Graysons, or what will happen next to Chuck Bass,  and will Ross and Rachel ever end up together. I had watched all 10 series of friends like 8 times over, all Will & grace seasons at least 6 times, and good old Gilmore Girls have been on rerun in my DVD player about 4 times now.




Now once my little one was born, he didn't do much...babies don't. And you don't have a huge amount to do except feed the baby and watch it sleep so I had a lot of time to watch TV. So much so I managed to watch seasons 2-5 of Mad Men in 2 weeks! Madness.



Now working full time with a almost 2 year old I am way behind. For instance Sons of Anarchy are on their final season and everyone is talking about it. Yet I'm just at the start of season 3. Now its not a show you can have on in the background, like you can with a comedy such as they Big Bang Theory or The Real housewives, so finding the time when the little one is asleep (and without chores to do) is hard. So going at the rate I'm going I will have watched the final of Sons of Anarchy by June 2017.

This predicament has lead me to more trash TV then I use to watch. This is where The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and OC, even Melbourne, has come into play. These heavily botoxed, overdressed for a cup of tea, millionaire women live a life of luxury. We watch how their "friendships" pan out. I highlight "friendships" as I think they are forced to hang out for the purpose of the show. I don't care. Their luxurious mansions, numerous sports cars and exclusive fine dining gets me hooked....they of course throw in a good bitch fight and I'm in heaven! These women just seem ridiculous, and their issues even more ridiculous, but I wouldn't mind living on the beaches of Los Angeles sitting by the pool side sipping cocktails whilst looking over the neighbouring rich people near by. Ah the life.

The Real Housewives of OC (Seasons 9 Cast)

The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills (Season 2 Cast)

The great thing about this show is you could miss a full 10 mins of dialogue and still know whats going on, and who has managed to upset who. This is the TV I can handle whilst my little one is banging blocks and I'm stacking the dishwasher whilst hanging clothes out to dry.

Now I can hear you all saying...seriously...but you may enjoy reading a good book, or sitting outside drinking a cup of tea in peace, reading the paper, or simply surfing the net. No matter what you hobby or guilty pleasure is, there is one thing I can say for sure it will be limited by the time baby comes along. Don't let it go though. Just make sure you make time for it, and the time you do get to do what you love to do, you make it count...ok a little melodramatic in relation to TV but you understand the point I'm trying to make...



Now since my little one is asleep its back to catching up on Sons of Anarchy and wondering whether Jax gets Abel back....shhhh dont tell me ;)... X O X O Gossip Girl ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment